Monday, September 10, 2012

I prefer the stares now!!


I prefer the stares now!!

Yes, I said it. I would rather prefer when people here stare at me. Why? You ask. Because at least then they were only staring, now they are touching me. I don’t understand either. Up until recently its just been people touching me.  Some individuals would walk up to me and touch me. When I tell them not to touch me or pull myself away from them they react in shocked that I can actually move.

Its funny. I am objectified as a mannequin or something. And when they realize that I can speak then it is the biggest shocker.  

It all started on my first field trip when a woman at the train station pulled my hair. I was upset by that as I was like “what the F#*K” then I walked away. Then other time I was walking with a friend when a boy walked straight up to me, grabbed my hair and walked off as if I was an object he touched.  I was like “what the F*#K is wrong with you?" He broke out and started laughing hysterical. When I walked up to him he was very very surprised then he ran off.

From then on this has been a constant thing.  Bloody hell. I cant believe this.  


On a side note.  You know how in airports there are lights on the ground that directs the air planes as to where the landing strip is? Well in Dien Bien Airport, this man on a motorcycle holding umbrella is used as the light. I kid you not.  I was very surprise when I was told why he was by the landing strip.  Only in  Viet Nam  

No comments:

Post a Comment