Monday, December 3, 2012

Hanoi women's market


Hi, I have not written in a while. Reason being is that I have been sick lately, which meant that I would go to sleep as soon as I got home.  My health is better now, I hope it last. 

So what has been going on with me? Hmm? Well I have to say things are starting to get interesting. Work wise, it has been alright, I am a bit frustrated about the misunderstanding about the role as a M&E advisor, and what this means.  The misconception is that some people believe it is about monitoring them as project managers while it is actually the monitoring and evaluation of their project.  I understand it is a thin line, but this thin line can be hell at times. 

I promise myself that I will not write about my work on my blog, but I am frustrated, so this is the most I will write about my work. 
Socially, I have been okay on the going out front. Actually I have been staying in a lot because I have been sick, but last week I had enough and actually went out.  On Friday, I went home early to sleep as I was not feeling well. On Saturday I went to Ho Chi Minh mausoleum to see Ho Chi Minh as he has now returned from Russia. By the time I got there it was close.  Later on in the day I took a walk around my neighbourhood and I finally found the market.  All this time I was going to a market elsewhere. 

Food and other goods were so cheap that I could not believe my eyes.  I came home and went right to sleep. 

Later on I met up with Folly and a few other guys that I had met earlier when I first arrived in Hanoi.  It was nice be out of my house and also have real conversation. 

Now the conversation was a bit interesting.  There was a guy name Matt who was the most argumentative and stood for everything that I do not believe in. The last straw was when he said that he get his news from CNN. Hmm, well after that I realized that this conversation was not going anywhere.

The following day along with a few friends we went to a women’s market which was being held my women groups in Hanoi. The market consisted of also a taste of food from different countries.  The food there as grate, at least the ones that I tired. There was a fashion show and acts. For me my favorite of all was the fashion show, I now have two things that I would like to sew. 


No comments:

Post a Comment