Sunday, October 21, 2012

Can you believe this fool?!!!


Oh before I forget.  On Sunday, before I left for Austria I wanted to go and buy some gifts for my friends.  Also it was one of those days where I really really wanted to spend time by myself. So I spent the morning reading and later on in the afternoon when the weather was better and not blazing hot, I took a trip to the Old Quarters in Hanoi to find some gifts. 

While walking around John (the Nigerian) called me and wanted to know if I wanted to have dinner with him.  (Oh John the Irish is in Ireland right now so no funny stories for you).  I was a bit annoyed as he has been asking me to hang out with him for a while and I had been refusing.  Why you ask?  Because when we first met he told me he was interested in me and I told him I was not. He keeps pushing it and now I am at point where it is blatantly annoying as F#@K. So last week he told me he was interested in me and his feeling was developing more and what was “I going to do about it”? Can you imagine this fool?  I told him I had no interest in him at all. I told him it would be best if we are not friends if he does not understand that I was not interested in him.  This fool had the audacity to ask me if I thought “him keeping away from him would let the feelings go away?” can you believe that?   He does not understand No means No, I had to tell him off. 

What is wrong with him?  Nothing, he is just not my type or I guess I have dated his type and is not something I want to get back to.  He is very clingy.  As a friend he want to know where I am going and what I am doing and assume I am helpless. F@#k that.  He is not my mother or father, I don’t answer to him. He wants to come to my house all the time and just watch TV. If you know me well, I am not a home body, I have to be doing something all the time, sitting home and just watching TV is the last thing I want to do.  Also he calls too many times, calling me early on Saturday and things.  Plus he attempted to kiss me and I was like, what the ….  That is when was the first time I had to let him know. 


So back to the story, so he called me on Sunday and asked if I wanted to grab something to eat.  I hesitated as I was not really hungry and while I wanted to grab something to eat, I did not want a sit down dinner, plus I wanted to spend time by myself. But since I was leaving and I had already said my piece to him, I thought there was no harm in.  I told him sure and I would be in town; he should therefore call me once he gets into the city center. 

He called me once he got there and we met up.  He indicated that he wanted to have dinner.  Then right before we left for dinner he indicated that he does not have any money.  I was like “why?” did you forget your wallet at home? He was like no; it’s just that I have no money in my account.  Hmmm.  Being the person that I am I decided that there was no further question needed. 



Now why would this fool not eat at home if he felt that he had no money? I mean it’s about setting your priorities straight right? 

Now before you jump into conclusion, when I go out with this guy I pay for myself. I have paid for him once or twice so that he knows that we are just friend and as expressed to him, I was not interested in him what so ever.

So yes he tells me he has no money. I did not ask the obvious question of how you were going to eat; especially since he did not ask me if I had money to feed him.  So I told him he should pick a place that he wanted to go as I was not really hungry.  He decided to pick KFC.  Now, for my less travelled friends, if you are in a developing country and see fast food chains like KFC, McDonalds and such don’t go to those places as you will never get value for money. Meaning that food would be over priced, they are not as good and oh yes the menu will most likely not be the same. 

Since did not want to ask any more questions, I told him to pick place that he wanted to go and eat and we can go there. So this man decides that he wanted KFC.  Once there he chose his own selection. When the food came it was very very small. My niece Akua would be disappointed. I later had to give him more money to order food. 

Honestly I have nothing more to say about that day.  After we ate, I went to buy the rest of the gifts and I went home.


No comments:

Post a Comment