Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Office Retreat



Hi. 
Last week we went to our office country retreat.  It was very nice.  The retreat was held in Hoa Binh, this is two and a half hours away from Hanoi.  The ride there was very alright, however there was one time where we almost got into a car accident.  The reason being is the road was twist and turn and the bus did not slow down for this. Rather instead it speeds through the whole time.  The car tipped and well we all started screaming. 

I spent the time interacting with some of the staff from the other affiliates.  I did not realize how many people in the other office that I had not met.  There was one guy whom I swear was a photographer for the office, only to find out that he had been working for the organization for over a year.  Man was I a bit embarrassed


We spent two days at the retreat, I managed to see two snakes, and if you know me very well you will know that I am scared as hell of snakes. I could not believe it.  On our way back to Hanoi they the driver gave us a vomit bag.  I was happy to get it.  However I forced myself to sleep so that I did not had to use the bag. 

Tomorrow morning I will be fly to Austria to go to one of very close friend Maya’s wedding.  I can’t wait to see my girls and Liam, my friend Ritah and Svein’s baby boy.  Ahhh.  I can’t wait. 

I can’t wait to be part of the crowd instead of being stuck out. Also to experience the cold.  You can’t believe to understand how much I want to experience the cold.  Yes it’s hot here, but man, I realize that I am a child of four seasons. 

I will update you my experience. Until next time  


No comments:

Post a Comment