Monday, October 22, 2012

The Wedding


Today is Sunday and I arrived in Vienna on Wednesday. Last blog I indicated that I would be travelling to Austria to attend my friend Maya’s wedding.  Well the wedding finished yesterday and today I am travelling to Vienna to go meet up with Sondre. 
 
How was the wedding you ask?  The wedding was very very good, but it started off as if the bride was not going to get a dress to wear.  But knowing my good friend Maya, and I think she will kill me once she reads this blog that it was a classic case of Maya.  She bought her dress online in the United States, according to her, the person whom she bought the dress from was much thinner than her if you look at Maya, and it is difficult to find someone that is much thinner than her. Additionally the person had no shape what so ever.

The dress therefore had to be altered to fit her. The dress was altered in Indonesia when she went there for her brother’s wedding.  They did not do it correctly so when her mother came last week for the wedding; she decided to fix the dress.  This meant that her mother spent endless hour trying to fix it.  In the mean time Maya and her fiancĂ© Ben were busy organizing the wedding and getting things ready. 

I arrived in Austria on Wednesday like I said; I stayed in Vienna the first night and took a train the next morning to Brixlegg, which is like 30 minutes away from Innsbruck (5 hours away from Vienna).  As soon as they picked me up from the train station we went to Ben’s house and I was put to work. Work I worked the whole time while I was there. This meant from Thursday to Saturday I was going to bed like 12am and me waking up 5am as I is still jet legged from Vietnam. But we would all be up and ready to go by 9am to do some work for the wedding. 
 

On the day of her wedding I did her hair along with the hair of a few of my friends. And like I said classic Maya, she finished the dress less than two hours before the wedding started. In the wedding speech, I indicated that this was an example of Maya, no matter how bad things may seem to be, she always come through and makes this work at the last minute.

The wedding was great, the day before the wedding I got to see a lot of my friends from Norway, including little Liam.  He is so cute.  He does not cry at all. This is very very good. 

   
I am currently on my way to Vienna, I should be sleeping as I am so exhausted, I got home at around 3h30 am last night and because I am still jet legged I woke up at 7am.  There is something seriously wrong with me. 

I thought I might write this first before the next leg of my trip. 






Peace !!!




No comments:

Post a Comment