Tuesday, August 21, 2012

An Irish Story



Today I woke up very late as I was out last night. Let me start off by saying that I will write yesterday and today’s together. Yesterday was a slow day until the evening. So I finally decided to unpack my things.  This took a while as I was talking to my friends and family online while also watching the Olympics at the same time. At around 6pm I went to grab something to eat.  While out, Folly, the Irish guy called me and wanted to know what I was up to. His friend was going back home so he asked me to come to a party so that he may introduce me to some people.  

I met up with him at a bar; we went straight to another bar to meet up with other people.  While there he introduced me to some people.  The most interesting person was another Irish guy name John.  Now, things happen to me and I get myself in a whole lot of messes but, man, John takes the cake!  John had arrived 6 weeks ago from Ireland.  He came because he had met a girl online and he decided to move down here and be with her.  According to him, when he got here, two days later he found out that the girl is nothing like what she presented online.  So he confronted the girl and the girl walked out of their apartment, since he has been here in Vietnam, it appears that she leave for several days when he confronts her with something.  

According to him, they went to a bar and there was an expatriate there and he realized that this guy and his girlfriend appear to have great dislike for one another.  He asked her if they knew one another, she said she went on a date with him but it did not work out.  He said he became suspicious and then kept pursuing the question because he has been talking to this girl for a while and if they hated each other after one date, then it may be more than that. Finally the girl admits it to him that yes she went out with him; “they slept together but nothing happen”. 

Now that sentence does not seem right.  So after this fight she leaves for several days.  Now he goes to a bar and he sees a girl that he likes. With his smart phone, he uses Google translate and tells the girl that he wants her to go home with him to have some fun.  So the girl follows him home and well the girl sleeps over.  

The next morning, John calls his girlfriend and tells her that he went out last night, he brought a girl home and the girl is currently in his bed but nothing happened.  

Wow, can you believe it?  Man, it was a night to remember, and yes I did it all sober, you know how I don’t really drink

So yes this was my night
 
But the funny thing is after this story, Folly and I watched John use his Google translate to pick up too more girls.  Man, I only wanted a smart phone for GPS as I have no sense of direction, but I did not realize what it could also be used for.  

 Today like I said I woke up late and went to the market to get some silk sleeping bag for my trip tomorrow.  After I met up with John, a Nigerian I met on Wednesday when I went to a store.  I forgot to mention him on my Wednesday’s post. I met this guy at the store and I was so excited to see a black person. But of course I wanted to meet a quality guy not just any body. Who am I to complain? So John is a computer analyst for the university here, he has been working or the university for two years and build websites for embassies as well as the university.  

So yes I met up with John, very nice guy, he asked about how I liked it here and I told him what you already know, however I mentioned that I was not as bothered as I use to be.  As I was in a rush to get home and catch my train for the Nghe An district, I called it an early night.  

Oh for tomorrow, I know I am going to a smaller city compare to Hanoi, so I suspect the stares would be double and all.  I will tell you how I would handle it.  

1 comment: