Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Hỏa Lò Prison


28-07-2012

Hi

So on Sunday I decided to go on some sight seeing. I went to see one apartment. I am on a brink of singing a contact on an apartment but I wanted to see this apartment to ensure that I will not miss on a good one once I sign.  This one was an alright one, the bathroom was once again had no division.  So I said no. 
 I met up with Clara after to go to the Hanoi prison Museum originally called Hỏa Lò Prison. The Museum was built between 1886 to1889 by the French to imprison Vietnamese political prisoners.  The museum was later known as Hanoi Hilton as it was later used to imprison American prisoners of war during the United States fight with Vietnam. 

In the last United State election, if you recall the candidate John McCain, this is the same prison that he was put in when he was captured. 


John McCain Pilot suit that he was captured in


The prison like any other that was built to suppress people, especially by the French is very dark and can make one cluster phonic. 
 















After this, Clara and I went to grab something to eat after as we were both very famished. 

While at Puku, a restaurant I have visited before we met and Irish guy name Follie.  He teaches at the same school as Clara.  She did not know him but he had seen her before.  He introduced himself to us   He has been here for 5 years is a teacher.  After much conversation with this guy I managed to convince to teach me how to ride a motorcycle. 

For those of you that do not know, my first attempt to ride a motorcycle was two years ago in Greece, and I got into an accident.  We will see if I will go through with it and if he will fulfill his promise

After lunch which was around 4pm, we went to Clara’s place as it was about to rain. 

In the same apartment, my colleague Dominique also lived there so we went to visit her and her boyfriend. We had some tea and for me, it was too hot so I had some cold cold water. I don’t understand hot coffee or anything hot in this weather. I find it crazy. But I am sure I will get adjusted later.   

Dinner ran until around 21h00, I had to rush home as I was supposed to meet someone on skype. 

No comments:

Post a Comment