Wednesday, August 1, 2012

$10 million USD


2012-07-27


On my way to work. I got the stares but I was not bothered at all. While going to work I passed by the place where the man that says "Madame, madam, Madame, Madame" sat, they asked me to come by so that I may have some drinks with them. I politely decline and indicated that I was going to work.  



 While at work, the water management resource advisor asked to meet the gender advisor and I with regards to his project. He presented the objective of his project and what it sought to achieve. He also presented us with pictures that he took while in the area.  The area is very green and the people in the area appear to be very well off. I guess they have been capacitated in many ways.  Now the question is how we may assist them.  

After work I went to see an apartment.  It was alright. The bathroom was not the best.  It did not have an actual shower.  This is very common here. There is like an open shower where you have to clean the water afterwards.  I have seen this before in other countries, I personally don’t like it. It means I would have to like clean the bathroom every time I take a shower, which is like twice or more times a day. Depending on how many shower I would like to take

After apartment searching I went to Highway 4 to eat.  I went by myself.  I recreated as soon as I got there because today is a Friday and well there was a lot of people there. Also I knew my food would take very long to come.  Once I got there the waiter put me on a table where a group of four guys were sitting.  While waiting for my food one of the guys asked me if I was there by myself. I responded that I was in fact there by myself.  He asked me to scoot over and join them.  


We talked about what I was doing in Vietnam and where I lived. In return, I asked them about what they do.  These guys were working for a bank in Vietnam.  One was the manager while the other three were working for the Bank. 


They asked what I was doing there and I informed them that I worked for an NGO. The guy I was sitting beside was the manager of them bank. He asked me if I could help him out. I was like in terms of what?  He indicated that landing has been low lately and therefore, the bank has been doing badly lately.  He wanted to know if I could deposit 10 million into his bank.  


I was like hmm. This is not good, so I indulged him and asked which currency.  Just so you know 10 million Vietnamese dong is $500 USD.  So yes I asked him which currency.  He was like 10million USD.  


Now if I had 10million USD, I don’t think I would be depositing it in a bank that is going down. Lol
I was like well I don’t have that money in my account but I hope you find someone that does

I ate my mushroom stew and was still waiting for my rice and spring rolls. By the time I was done, I was pretty full and my rice and spring roll had not come, after an hour and a half later. I told I no longer want the spring roll or the rice and asked for the bill.

Once the bill came, the guys picked it up and insisted on paying for it.  What a gentleman. They asked me to go out to the club with them. I was very tired and still have not fully recovered from my week of illness so I decided to take a rain-check.

It was very nice to meet people today    

No comments:

Post a Comment