Wednesday, August 1, 2012

First Mass


29-07-2012


Today I was a bit sick and do not feel like going outside so I stayed in bed until 14h00. Also I went to bed very late talking to a friend online so I did not go to bed until around 2h00 in the morning.  As you know, I constantly need to be entertained or be on the go so I left the hotel room and went by the Saint Joseph Cathedral.  I wanted to grab something to eat around that area as I wanted to attend mass today. Additionally I want to be more serious about my Vietnamese lesson so I have to study. 

While there I got some food to eat.  Two Norwegian girls came to sit on my left hand side and spoke Norwegian the whole time. I understood some and was very happy about that. I have not lost all my Norsk.    On my right were two Italians, they were back backers and very handsome I might add. But being the nice student that I am, I concentrated on my homework. 


At around 16h00 which was the mass service that I wanted to attend, I was in deep with my homework so I decided to wait until the 18h00 service. 

At 17h30, I walked into the church. It is very big and like most Old Catholic churches there was some renovation.  At around 18h00 the church completely filled up and the mass began.  The service was all in Vietnamese, and I must say I did not understand a word. Actually, no, that is a lie, I understood some of the numbers; I have been practicing my numbers.   

After church, I got up and was reading to go when I turned and on opposite aisle was a West Indian guy.  He was very happy to see me. I walk out of the church.  On my way out I saw that Follies, the Irish guy that I had met yesterday text and wanted to know if I want to have some drinks. 

The area of the cathedral is full of restaurants and bars so we went to Mediterraneano.  We talked for like an hour and I left to go back to my hotel. At this point I was tired and it was raining heavily.  

On my way home I saw another accident.  There was a lot of blood on the floor and the helmet which the person must have been wearing was all broken on the ground.  I hope they are alright.

Until next time


No comments:

Post a Comment