Thursday, August 2, 2012

Rental Contract Signed

2012-07-30

Today was a regular work day.  The walk from the hotel to work was the same. I like the fact that I am not so bothered about the stares anymore.  Maybe because I am also attempting not to look in their faces. In other words I just keep my head straight

So yes that is the plan now.  It is nice to get greetings by the guy who calls me Madame as well as the security guard across from him. 

At work things are going great, I am taking it one day at a time.  I have been added to a new Monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning group. I am excited by this as it will provide me with more things to learn about M&E as well as discuss with others about the area.

The real estate agent Quynh Anh, (I realize I have been spelling her name wrong to you guys) came to the office so that I may sign the contract.  I felt like I was signing my life away.  Well the contract is only for 6 months. So we will see what I will do after words.  I only singed it for a year because I wanted to know my surroundings first.  Know my way around the city, at least just in case I want to move that would allow me the option to do so.  However, if I would like to stay longer, it is always an option. It is a one bedroom apartment with a lake view and also a view of the city.  And yes, it is in the expatriate area. 

After work I went to Highway 4 to get some take out before the rain let down. Well just when I was about to leave the rain poured like crazy.  After waiting for like 15 minutes, I decided to walk in the rain

When I got home I was completely soaked, including my hair.  I had no umbrella.

When I got home, I opened the food that I ordered and I realized that they gave me a completely different order than I ordered.  I ate it for I did not want to walk outside in the pouring rain.  It was one of the summer rains which could cause floods.

No comments:

Post a Comment