Thursday, August 2, 2012

Moving Can Be A Disappointment


2012-08-02

I woke today at 6am. One I was upset about this apartment and I was also thinking about something else.  So I went to the bathroom. Well I was a bit surprise. I got there, and in my bathtub was a cockroach there to introduce him/herself. I was not too sure; it must have been a she because she was up very early and just going about her business as if I did not exist. I was a bit upset by this as in my contract it stipulates that they were supposed to spray it and get rid of any pest. So I killed it. 

This morning, I went to work and wrote to the real estate agent. I asked her to forward my mail to the landlord.  To sum up the mail, I pointed out that the landlord has already broken the contact agreement which indicated that the list which included that they would spray the apartment to get rid of pest, as well as fix the bathtub along with other things would be done before I move into the apart would be done.

The just of it is that while I really like the place, let the landlord know that I will only pay the deposit once all of these are completed. As agreed in the contract. For now he has broken the contract agreement.  If he/she does not think he would be able to fulfill the agreement, let them tell me so that I may find a place elsewhere, the sooner the better.     

I contacted the real estate agent later and asked if she has received my mail and forwarded it to the landlord. She said she has and had indeed done so. 

After work I went home and looked at the apartment.  The cleaning has been done, thank God, but the other part of my contact has still yet to be fulfilled.  I was expecting the landlord to call me. However I spent the evening of my day talking to friends, by the time I realized it, it was very late so I will contact her tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment