Thursday, August 2, 2012

Out of the Hotel in to My Apartment


2012-08-01

So today I tried to get some of my things together as I will be moving to my new place.  I am excited to be having my own place finally after all that looking and searching for an apartment. As indicated before its good that I sign the contact for 6 months just in case
  
I left work early today so that I may come home and pack more before I leave. My things are all over my hotel as I had to take some clothes and materials out to use for work. It did not take me that long to pack, however I wanted to ensure that I did not leave anything behind either. 

I ask Hang the hotel receptionist if she can call me a taxi. She seems very sad to see me go. Actually I think she miss laughing at my attempt to speak to her in Vietnamese. Especially with my bad pronunciation and tone. I did not know that languages had tones, but now I know.  I am thinking if English has or Twi has one? Hmm… maybe Twi as English it does not matter which direction the sound goes. 

Anyway yes so she called the taxi for me and I provided her with my financial tip.  I should have given her more, but then I realized that I had limited money in my wallet and I needed to have at least 100VND on me for taxi.

We packed all of my things. Hmm... I did bring a lot of things. I did not realize. I now need to find ways to take the stuff back to Canada as I see that I will be doing some shopping here. Especially with clothes and shoes. I only brought two pairs. 
  
Once I got into my apartment, hmm ...something did not seem right.  The place looked cleaned but it seems a bit off.  I went to take a closer look at the stove and it was a mess. I looked in the fridge and realized that it was wiped but not clean, it smelled and it was dusty.  Then I went to the bathroom and it was also wiped but not cleaned.

So I pick take the shower curtain and look at it, and that is when I lost it.  The shower curtain is still the old one from the last tenants whom had lived there for like 4 years.  I looked in to the oven and it is a mess, grease and all.

I get into bed and thank God the sheets are clean but it is just the fitted sheets and no bed sheet. Now the reason why I am being a bit anal about this is that I am paying for a fully furnished apartment, this is costing me $850USD. Very expensive in a country like Vietnam. So yes I expect the best. 


I called the real estate agent and basically told her how upset I was. She came over and went over the apartment and realized that nothing was done. She indicated that she will notify the landlord so that everything could be done

No comments:

Post a Comment