Monday, July 30, 2012

Sight Seeing


2012-07-21

Today I decided that I did not want to stay in my room so I after I went to seen an apartment, I think I might sing this apartment.  The real estate agent and I went to see if I like it, what I would like to change in the apartment.   The previous tenant wrote to me and indicated that I should ask them to change the bathroom as it is pretty old and it was there before they moved in, that was like 4 years ago.  Also the kitchen has holes, these holes needs to be fixed. We made the list and the real estate agent will give it to the landlord. 

 















After I met up with one of my colleagues.  We went to a place to have lunch.  The food was okay. A bit tasteless, but the place had air conditioner and I was hungry.  After lunch I wanted to do some sight seeing so I decided to go to the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum.  On my way there I saw the Hanoi Pagodas and Temple.  I spent a while there looking inside the place. According to my travel book, the Pagodas were built in the 6th century and what you see in this picture was renovated in the 17th century and during 1812 as well. Lý Thái Tông was an emperor who ruled Vietnam from1028 to 1054.  It’s a very nice place. There is a Buddhist Temple the premises as well.  After much time exploring the place I continued my journey to the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum. 
 


By the time I got there, the Mausoleum was closed. I took a bit of a walk through the garden, but I was too tired so I decided to see the outside of the Mausoleum itself and come back another day to explore the place. 


It was still very hot so I decided to go home.  I looked into my bag for the address to my hotel.  I realized that I did not have it.  I know the name to my hotel, but my pronunciation is not so good, so people cannot understand me.    I sat at park looking for the hotel in my guide book, could you believe that I could not find it.  And for those of you who have traveled to a developing country, you know that there are always taxes, motorcycle taxes who always insist that they can take you to where you are going for three times the price that it would cost you and won’t leave you alone.  Well here it is no different. After much bother I decided to leave the park and walk until I know where I am going. I crossed the street to get to the other side, behind me, I heard a loud bang. There, two people on a motorcycle had collided. One got up and fell right back on to the ground while other got up all bleeding. While I was watching this, a motorcycle taxi came up to me and asks me to get on so that he can take me home.  It’s funny eh? I was like I think I will take the cab today. 
  


I ended contacting my colleague who I had just had lunch with to spell the name of the street that I live on for me so that I may provide the cab driver. 

Once I got home, I wanted to take a cold shower, however, due to the sun; I took a hot shower as the cold water was just hot.  I spent the rest of the day in the hotel, later I went to eat at Highway 4 restaurant.  I will attempt to go to the Mausoleum tomorrow



No comments:

Post a Comment