Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Experiment


2012-07-20


Now today was a fun day, I decided that instead of getting annoyed with people when they looked at me, I would turn my camera on them and take their picture.  In other words them being the object. This experiment was fun.  Some people did not like it, as they turned away while others were very happy to oblige.  Some even asked me to come closer so that I may take a picture of them

 This was not clearly what I expected but of course I had fun with it.  So in these pictures you see people laughing because they see me, while you will also see others because well they were happy that I was taking their picture. Either way you will see some teeth. You know how I clearly encourage that.


These girls turned around when they saw me pointing the camera

this guy was just plane old laughing and embarrassed 



These guys turned when they saw my camera
  








I see these women every day and they look at me everyday


  































When I got to work, I was informing my colleague Jonathan about what I did on my way to work.  He informed me that culturally I should be more careful when taking pictures of old people as they think of it as taking some aspect of the soul. As for the young children, there is issue with child trafficking here so people may assume that I am taking their pictures to sell them.   Note to self!
I love it when people wave 


While walking home I did the same.  Some even called me to take a picture of them.  


No comments:

Post a Comment