Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Why this blog?


2012-07-06



I will try to be as forward in this bog as possible as I like to keep things to myself.
The word "forward" is loosely used in this context as those who knows me
knows that I am very straight to the point type of a person. I am a bit uneasy
about making this blog as I feel that I am inviting people into my personal life. As
well as talking about myself as I do not like talking about myself. But I love my
friends and family and they would like to know what is going on with me when
I am abroad. This is the main reason why this blog is being created. They do
not like the surprise emails that I send to them, especially when things happen.
Basically they do not like the shocking emails be it good, bad, experiences that
are completely bizarre or just outrageous.

With all of that said, let me introduce myself. I am from Canada and work for
an international INGO's. My previous works has mainly been in Africa. I have
had the opportunity to be in West, East, and Southern Africa. I love all of those
countries and the people. I met great people and have enjoyed my experiences,
both the good and the bad. Those experiences have made me the person that I
am today and I am very grateful for them. God has also looked after me and that
I am also very grateful.


This is my first time working in Asia and it is also my first visit. I am a bit nervous
in so many levels; I am starting a new position with a new organization and going
to a new continent. I agree that this experience would be interesting for me to
document and also for my friends a family to read about. So here goes...


No comments:

Post a Comment