Tuesday, July 24, 2012

An English Gentleman


2012-07-14

Hi, today I spent the better part of my morning looking at some apartments.  We went to mostly Tay Ho.  Typically the real estate agent would pick you up and take you to the place.  She asked me to meet her at her office.  I got into a taxi and the taxi drove me to Tay Ho.  Well it ended up dropping me off at a hotel where the girl met me.  She did not come with an extra helmet so I got on the bike without a helmet, this turned me off completely.  We went to see three apartments.  I called this real estate agent because I saw a flat online that I really liked. When we got the apartment which the flat was in, it looked very shabby.  Once we got in there, the apartment looked nothing like what I saw online. 
 Restaurant is in this area

She showed me two other flats, they were nice but the area was way too far.  It would take me a while to get to work, and also to get to the center of everything.  For now I have been here for a week and I have no bicycle or a motorbike.

After I asked her to drop me off at Clara’s place as she said she had cook lasagna and I should come over.  The food was really good. It was nice to have some food from back home.  I know I should not be complaining now, especially since I just got here.  But it was also nice to eat at a house instead of at the hotel or a restaurant. 
 Can you believe it? I found a ponytail shop



After, we went to walk around the city.  I cannot tell you the roads or anything as we were two blind mice walking around, exploring the city.  We went by the city market I forgot the name but it was nice, we did not go inside, we just went by there and I managed to purchase sunglasses.  Here it is very good to have one. One, because it is sunny as hell here; and two, because on a motorbike, it prevent the debris. 

We went to a place called Puku after; it is open 24/7.  This was a surprise to me as it is a general knowledge that bars closes at midnight.  I was informed that apparently, while they close at midnight, they will remain open as long as people are inside the establishments.  Note to self. 

While at Puku, Dan called me to ask if I wanted to meet up with him and an ex-colleague of the organization.  We met up at Mediterraneano; I suspect it is Italian as they mostly serve Italian food. It was nice and so was the food.  For the first time in my life I order Salad as the main meal.  The reason why I say this is because I personally believe salad is an appetizer to the main meal never the main one.  I don’t believe salad is a meal. That is just me.  But I order it today because I was not hungry as a result of the lasagna and I did not want to be rude and not eat.  The woman that we met was very nice and informative.  She is now working for a Canadian environmental company. 

After the completion of dinner I attempt to walk home.  Man was this an adventure!  The walk should have taken me 15 minutes, however because I did not know my way home and I am horrible at reading maps, which I was using.  Please note I have no sense of direction.  So I got lost for like an hour.  Why didn’t I ask for direction? I did ask for directions but they insisted on over charging me to drop me off. As I knew I was close to my hotel for I had recognized some land marks, so I opted out of this option.  Finally I went to a hotel to ask a receptionist.  He said he did not know.  Just when I was about to leave, and English gentleman drove up on his red motorcycle.  And I had a huge sigh.  He realized that I was completely lost.  He contacted his friend to get directions to my hotel. While waiting for his friend, I needed to go to the bathroom so we went up to his hotel; I used the bathroom and checked the directions on his computer.  After he walked me home to my hotel.  Now that I am writing this and reflecting on this, I realize that maybe I should not have gone up to his hotel room. In my defense, I really had to go to the bathroom and I consumed at least three liters of water that day.  Plus you know I always have to go to the bathroom so don’t be surprise. 

That was my day on Saturday 

No comments:

Post a Comment